As the US economy continues to heat up, we will occasionally highlight certain aspects which indicate future price trends. If you are a property developer, your money is only well spent if you spent it well. Getting the best return on your investment, in rent or sales, won’t happen if you build like every one else.

The prices of gypsum (sheetrock) are a pretty good indication of construction cost trends. Per January 2020,

National Gypsum: All wallboard + 15% plus another 15% pre-announced = total 30% increase in 2020
Continental Building Products: All wallboard + 20%

Trending Real Estate New York
Upper West Side 1 Bedroom: + 8.3 %
Williamsburg 1 Bedroom: + 12.9 %
Hudson Yards typical 1 Bedroom: $4090 month